Nuclear Researchers Exchange Program (MEXT/NSRA)
The Nuclear Researchers Exchange Program welcomes nuclear researchers from neighboring Asian countries to Japan and dispatches Japanese experts to those countries. This program was established in 1985, in conjunction with the Japanese policy of promoting cooperation with neighboring countries, and was based on the decision of the Atomic Energy Commission in December 1984.
This program enables Asian researchers to obtain the state-of-the-art technical knowledge and to perform high grade research activities in Japan, for contributing to build up and to strengthen nuclear base and nuclear safety in each Asian country.
In this program in FY2020, Japanese research institutes accept Asian researchers studying and working in the nuclear field.
* Dispatch Course has not been carried out since FY2013.
Accepting Organizations FY2020
- Japan Atomic Energy Agency (JAEA)
- National Institutes for Quantum and Radiological Science and Technology (QST)
- National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST)
- The Wakasa Wan Energy Research Center (WERC)
- Fukushima University
- Hachinohe Institute of Technology
- Hirosaki University (Institute of Radiation Emergency Medicine)
- Hokkaido University
- Kyoto University (Institute for Integrated Radiation and Nuclear Science)
- Kyushu University
- Nagoya University
- Saitama Medical University
- The University of Tokyo
- Tokyo Institute of Technology (Laboratory for Advanced Nuclear Energy)
- Tohoku University
- University of Fukui (Research Institute of Nuclear Engineering)
Length of Assignment
Australia, Bangladesh, China, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Korea, Malaysia, Mongolia, The Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Vietnam
? FNCA member countries and Sri Lanka are invited.
APPLICATION GUIDE FY2020
The deadline for the each designated organization to send applications to NSRA is March 20, 2020.
Application Guidance [PDF316KB]
- (1) FNCA Research Course ? For FNCA member Countries
- (2) Individual Research Subject Course
- (3) Basic Research Field Course
Attachment 1: Application Form
A-1 FNCA Research Course [PDF112KB] [MS-Excel55KB]
A-2 Individual Research Subject Course [PDF111KB] [MS-Excel 55KB]
A-3 Basic Research Field Course [PDF109KB] [MS-Excel54KB]
- A. Application Form
- B. Candidate's Statement (For all Courses) [PDF23KB] [MS-Word54KB]
- C. Official Statement (For all Courses) [PDF34KB] [MS-Word35KB]
- D. Medical Certificate (For all Courses) [PDF66KB] [MS-Excel39KB]
Attachment 2: List of Research Subjects
Additional note for researchers who stay for more than three months [PDF17KB]
Accumulated number of participants (FY1985-FY2019)